Hi kids, here is how to make home made Pizzas!.
To make our scrumptious Pizza
I want to invite you with your parents to make a very simple scrumptious pizza. I have invited your mum/dad/grandparent or carer to be involved as they will need to make sure you have a couple of ingredients to make the base and whatever filling you choose to put on your pizza. Also, you parents will need to put the oven on and to take it out when it is cooked.
As you are making this pizza I want you to think about the ingredients you are putting in this and thank God for giving you food to eat. May be at the end of making this pizza you can say the Lords prayer together that talks about “Give us this day our daily bread”. You could try to memorise this prayer found in The Bible in the book called Matthew chapter 6 v8 or make your own prayer up. Also a key ingredient is “enjoyment “. In the bible it talks about laughter and how important it is for us to enjoy the life He has gives us. Sometimes this can be difficult and that is when we may need someone to pray with us.
Base of Pizza
- 1 ½ cups of Self Raising Flour (it does not matter how big your cup is the bigger your cup the bigger your pizza. Should make a 12 inch pizza pan. If you have not got a pizza pan you can use a tray.
- If only got plain flour you can use this but you will need 2 tsp baking powder and a ¼ tsp of salt.
- 1 cup of Greek Yoghurt
- Cooking spray (can use olive oil or margarine would be acceptable if that is the only thing you have available only for greasing pizza tray/tray.
- Tomato Paste
Here are some ideas below for toppings
- Cheddar cheese (block or grated)
- Ham & Pineapple
- First get your parent/carer to put the oven on at 260 degrees (this is very hot so please do not put the oven on your own). Get a tray that you can put in the oven when you have finished making your pizza. Make sure you wash your hands before starting to cook.
- Mix the flour and Greek yoghurt together in a bowl transfer onto a work surface (preferably in the kitchen). Make sure the surface you are putting it on is clean. Knead the dough, adding more flour as needed to keep dough from being too sticky around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spray your tray that you are using. Now roll out the pizza base to the desired shape to fill your tray. Place the dough pressing the pizza into the tray. You can make one large pizza or you could do several smaller pizza’s. Discuss it with you parents as you may be making pizza’s for the whole of the family. I am sure mum and dad will be pleased that you are helping toward making tea/lunch.
- Now you have decided your choice of filling. First put your tomato paste on top of the dough in the tray. You may chop some tomatoes, or use a tin of tomatoes. If using a tin of chopped tomatoes drain the juice as it will be too runny (mum may use the juice to put into a bolognaise sauce).
- If putting cheese grate the cheese as this goes much further than slicing the cheese if you’ve only got a block of cheese.
- Vegetables chop these up. Be very careful with knives and get an adult to assist you in this preparation.
- Now put your next filling on to the pizza. Put the cheese on and then your meat/vegetables.
- Now after putting your fillings on the pizza get your parents to check the oven is at the right temperature and then put it in the oven Check the pizza after about 10 minutes. It may need another few minutes so get parent to check it is cooked. Do not take it out yourself.
Don’t Forget Picture Time before eating it.
Now you have made the pizza. I want you to send in a picture of the pizza you have created, similar to when we encouraged you to make an Easter garden. Now you have to send your picture in to Hope Church via an email to email@example.com Enjoy your pizza
Whilst eating your pizza thank God that you have had water to wash your hands as well as the ingredients to make this food. Some children and their parents struggle to find water certainly in other countries. Thank your parents for giving you food on your table today and keeping you safe together.
We trust you enjoyed this activity. Don’t forget to tune in on Sunday and make your comment on the Live Stream. You can either go on Facebook or you tube “Hope Church Nottingham”. Watch out for further fun times together at Hope Church.
Tell your friends.
Your friends can join us with this activity and also see their pizza design on Sunday.