18th March - by Stephen H
Through this series of emails we are looking at three things:
How to get connected
How to be community
How to make a contribution
So how do we get connected?
Moving forward we will have four principle means of communication:
1. Email – you’re sorted there! If you know of anyone who is looking for support and connection and is not on our database please contact – andrea[at]hopechurchnottingham.org
2. The church website – www.hopechurchnottingham.org/corona – this is where we will post everything during this season so you can find it easily.
3. Phone contact – for those who cannot access social media or the internet we will be setting up phone call contact via our current Life Groups.
4. Facebook – our page is called – @hopechurchnottingham. If you have a facebook account then you can simply like the page and every time we post something it will come up in your feed.
We plan to run our Sunday online service live through Facebook at 11.00am and afterwards post the service onto our YouTube channel. A link to this will be sent out to your email address following the service.
Ideally we want to engage with as many of us at 11am each Sunday when we go live. To help with this I am asking three things:
1. Do you have access to Facebook?
2. If not – would you like support in getting set up for Facebook so you can join the online service?
3. Do you have a knowledge of Facebook so that you can support someone who needs help in getting connected with a Facebook account.
If you could email your response to the above three questions to Andrea[at]hopechurchnottingham.org that would be a real help in moving forward.
Tomorrow we will talk about community and how we plan to continue this through our Life Groups and how you can make sure you are part of one.
Finally though these times of challenge may you draw comfort from the words of Psalm 46:1-5
 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,  though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.  God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.
Pastor – Hope Church